Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

the breath of God, tuesday

Tuesday, June 10

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: O Loving God, who breathed me into being, breathe your Divine Breath in me again this day—that I might be filled with your life and guided by the winds of your Spirit.  For the sake of your Son.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: John 14:15-21

Reading for Reflection:
 
Even to the last visible moment and beyond, Jesus continues to feed the soon-to-be shepherds.  He feeds them with renewal when he comes to the disciples behind their locked doors that Easter night and breathes on them the Holy Spirit.  The Hebrew word ruach means “spirit” as well as “breath” and “”wind.”  With this breathing of the Spirit, Jesus renews and empowers them to fulfill the great mandate to love and lift the burdens from others. (Feed My Shepherds by Flora Slosson Wuellner)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                          
Closing Prayer:
Breathe on me, breath of God, fill me with life anew, that I may love what  
     Thou dost love, and do what Thou wouldst do
Breathe on me, breath of God, until my heart is pure, until with Thee I will one will, to do 
     and to endure
Breathe on me, breath of God, blend all my soul with Thine, until this earthly part of me
     glows with Thy fire divine
Breathe on me, breath of God, so shall I never die, but live with Thee the perfect life of
     Thine eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment