Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, November 15, 2014

whole, saturday

Saturday, November 15

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
        
Opening Prayer: Gracious and loving God, you know the deep inner patterns of my life that keep me from being totally yours.  You know the misformed structures of my being that hold me in bondage to something less than your high purpose for my life.  You also know my reluctance to let you have your way with me in these areas.  Hear the deeper cry of my heart for wholeness and by your grace enable me to be open to your transforming presence.  Lord, have mercy. (Invitation to a Journey by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Philippians 4:8-9

Reading for Reflection:
We strive for order, coherence, and wholeness in our lives.  We want certainty.  We long for shalom.  Shalom is a peace that not only recalls all the pieces of one’s life but sees how the parts fit together in a unified and glorious whole.  Shalom involves rest and gratitude; it provides a balance and harmony where all things seem right. (The Healing Path by Dan Allender)
Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
    
                      
Closing Prayer: Almighty God, in this hour of quiet I seek communion with Thee.  From the fret and fever of the day’s business, from the world’s discordant noises, from the praise and blame of men, from confused thoughts and vain imaginations of my own heart, I would now turn aside and seek the quietness of Thy presence.  Amen. (A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie)

No comments:

Post a Comment