Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, November 7, 2014

faith, friday

Friday, November 7

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
         
Opening Prayer: O Lord, help me to really believe.  Help me to really believe that your heart for me is good.  Help me to really believe that nothing can separate me from your love.  Help me to really believe that you will do what you say you will do.  Help me to take you at your word.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10

Reading for Reflection: Faith is the word that describes the direction our feet start moving when we find that we are loved.  Faith is stepping out into the unknown with nothing to guide us but a hand just beyond our grasp. (The Magnificent Defeat by Frederick Buechner)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                 
Closing Prayer: Father and God, you know the work, the worry, and the weariness which, day by day, even week after week, weigh so heavily upon my life.  So often I grow fain and fearful, disturbed and doubtful.  I long for real peace and full assurance of faith.  May I so wait upon you in daily prayer and be renewed with spiritual might that I shall fight the good fight and keep the faith.  For Jesus’ sake I pray.  Amen. (Daily Prayer Companion by Orien W. Fifer)

No comments:

Post a Comment