Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

grace, tuesday

Tuesday, November 18

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
        
Opening Prayer: I am sure that there is in me nothing that could attract the love of One as holy and as just as You are.  Yet You have declared Your unchanging love for me in Christ Jesus.  If nothing in me can win your love, nothing in the universe can prevent You from loving me.  Your love is uncaused and undeserved.  You are Yourself the reason for the love wherewith I am loved. (Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Titus 3:1-7

Reading for Reflection:
 
God has infinite treasures to give us.  Yet a little tangible devotion, which passes away in a moment, satisfies us.  How blind we are, since in this way we tie God’s hands, and we stop the abundance of His grace!  But when He finds a soul penetrated with living faith, He pours out grace on it in abundance.  God’s grace is like a torrent.  When it is stopped from taking its ordinary course, it looks for another outlet, and when it finds one, it spreads out with impetuosity and abundance. (Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
     
                                                                                             
Closing Prayer: Lord, deliver me from the small loyalties of habit or tradition that would keep me from larger loyalties of the spirit.  Let me so incline myself to you that your presence in my life determines both what I think and what I do.  Through Jesus, who understood the deeper meaning of freedom.  Amen. (A Devotional Guide to the Gospels by John Killinger)

No comments:

Post a Comment