Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, November 29, 2014

loved, saturday

Saturday, November 29

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
                                                                                   
Opening Prayer: I feel your love as you hold me to your sacred heart, my beloved Jesus, my God, my Master, but I feel, too, the need I have of your tenderness, and your caress because of my infinite weakness.
                                                                 ~Charles de Foucauld
                                                                                   
Scripture Reading for the Day: 1 John 4:7-21

Reading for Reflection:
 
     This inexhaustible love between the Father and the Son includes and yet transcends all forms of love known to us.  It includes the love of a father and mother, a brother and sister, a husband and wife, a teacher and friend.  But it also goes far beyond the many limited and limiting human experiences of love we know.  It is a caring yet demanding love.  It is a supportive yet severe love.  It is a gentle yet strong love.  It is a love that gives life yet accepts death.  In this divine love Jesus was sent into the world, to this divine love Jesus offered himself on the cross.  His all-embracing love, which epitomizes the relationship between the Father and the Son, is a divine Person, coequal with the Father and the Son.  It has a personal name.  It is called the Holy Spirit.  The Father loves the Son and pours himself out in the Son.  The Son is loved by the Father and returns all he is to the Father.  The Spirit is love itself, eternally embracing the Father and Son.
     This eternal community of love is the center and source of Jesus’ spiritual life, a life of uninterrupted attentiveness to the Father in the Spirit of love. (Making All Things New by Henri J. M. Nouwen)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
     
                                                                                              
Closing Prayer: O love that wilt not let me go, I rest my weary soul in thee;  I give thee back the life I owe, that in thine oceans depths its flow may richer, fuller be.  ~George Mattheson

No comments:

Post a Comment