Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

faith, wednesday

Wednesday, November 5

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
        
Opening Prayer: O Lord, help me to really believe.  Help me to really believe that your heart for me is good.  Help me to really believe that nothing can separate me from your love.  Help me to really believe that you will do what you say you will do.  Help me to take you at your word.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.
         
Scripture Reading for the Day: Hebrews 11:29-40

Reading for Reflection:

Faith as it ripens turns into an almost insatiable appetite, and the awake lion must prowl for God in places it once feared.
                                                                       ~John of the Cross

 
Faith is the yes of the heart, a confidence on which one stakes one’s life. 

                                                                       ~Martin Luther

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                  
Closing Prayer: Lord, I am yours; I do yield myself up entirely to you, and I believe that you do take me.  I leave myself with you.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will, and I will only lie still in your hands and trust you.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment