Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, December 27, 2020

submission

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me when I try to set the agenda for my life and then ask you to follow along.  I am called to follow you, not vice versa.  Help me to do so today.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 2:41-50

Journal: Who sets the agenda for your life?  What would it look like for Jesus to do that?

Reflection: If I’m totally honest, I have to admit that all too often I set the agenda and expect God to act accordingly.  But that’s not how life with Jesus works, just ask Joseph and Mary. (Luke 2:41-50) He is the one who plans the itinerary, not me.  I am called to follow him, not vice versa.  It’s funny how often I get that backwards.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me, this day, to submit to your plans, your agenda, and your will.  Help me learn what it means to truly follow you.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment