Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, December 7, 2020

deeper

Opening Prayer:  Forgive me, O Lord, when I live my life a mile wide and an inch deep.  That is not the life you desire for me.  Thank you that you will do whatever it takes in order for me to become the person you created me to be, even disturb or disrupt.  Thank you that you love me too much to allow me to settle for less.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 42:1-11

Journal: How is God deepening you these days?  What is your response to that?  What is his deepest desire for you?


Reflection:

          deeper

the deeper work

is what you’re after
thus you are not content
to stop too near the surface
in your relentless pursuit of us

whatever it takes
to make us into
all we were meant to be
that’s what you will do
even if it involves things
that are difficult
and seem opposite
of what we most desire
even if your goodness
doesn’t look or feel
good to us at the moment

it is not beyond you
to dry us up
or to withdraw
or even to wound
if it accomplishes
your divine purpose

it is not out of the question
for you to even slay us
with our own unmet longings
if it somehow opens us
to your work and your will

so do as you choose, O God
just give us the strength
and the grace
and the courage
to trust in your goodness
no matter what

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls, O God; all of your waves and breakers have swept over me.  You didn’t do this to destroy me, but to enlarge me; to make me more into the person you dreamt me to be.  Thank you for that.  Help me to trust in you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment