Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, May 20, 2019

overflow

Opening Prayer: Fill me to overflowing, O God, with your grace and your goodness and your love, that I might pour those things out on all who cross my path today.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 23:5

Journal: What is your heart and soul full of right now?  How will you make space and time to be full of God and his goodness and love?

Reflection: It’s a simple rule of life: Our lives will overflow with whatever they are full of.  If we are full of anxiety and insecurity and fear, that’s what will pour forth from our lives.  If we are full of anger and frustration and impatience, that’s what those around us will get a healthy dose of.  If we are filled with dysfunction and need and scarcity, how can we expect that those in our lives would get anything but that?
     But if we are filled with the very life of God, if we are full of his grace and his goodness and his love, if we are saturated with his Spirit and his character and his life, then that is what will pour out on all who cross our paths.
     So the question becomes, what are you full of today?  What is occupying your heart and soul?  Because whatever it is, that is what will pour forth from your life.  Count on it.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord, you are my shepherd, therefore I shall not want.  You are more than enough for me and for those I love.  Help me to live my life out of that abundance.  In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment