Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

rest

Opening Prayer: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

Scripture: Psalm 62:5

Journal: How do you find rest in God?  What keeps you from it?  How will you rest in him today?

Reflection:

            rest

when the world is pressing in
and my heart a jumble of
anxiety and weariness

i look to You
i come to the quiet
where your fullness resides
where my best self is kept
and i can breathe again

my soul can stop
and i can lay my head
upon your great big heart
and find my rest in You

Prayer

Closing Prayer: My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.


No comments:

Post a Comment