Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

humble

Opening Prayer: My heart is not raised up, O Lord; my eyes are not lifted too high.  I do not occupy myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.

Scripture: Psalm 131:1-3

Journal: What does being like a weaned child with its mother mean to you?  How is it a step in the direction of humility?  What is God saying to you through this Psalm?

Reflection:

                      Note to Self

Don’t think more highly of yourself than you ought.
Don’t try to sound like you know more than you do.
Live your life quietly and share your life humbly.
Be like a weaned child with its mother.
Don’t overestimate your own importance.
Don’t exaggerate your own significance.
Don’t promote your own indispensability.
Don’t fall in love with your own opinion.
The world will get along just fine without it.
The world needs your care and your presence
More than it needs your words.
So say less and love more.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: But I have stilled and quieted my soul like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.  O Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment