Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, April 21, 2017

taken

Opening Prayer: Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you have taken me for your very own; I belong to you.  Help the knowledge of this taking to give me the strength and the courage to live my life this day as your chosen child.  Amen.

Scripture: Isaiah 43:1-7

Journal: What does it mean to you that God has taken you as his very own?  How does that knowledge impact your daily life?

Reflection: To live a spiritual life, we have to claim for ourselves that we are “taken” or “chosen.”  Let me try to expand a bit on these words.  When I know that I am chosen, I know that I have been seen as a special person.  Someone has noticed me in my uniqueness and has expressed a desire to know me, to come closer to me, to love me.  When I write to you that, as the Beloved, we are God’s chosen ones, I mean that we have been seen by God from all eternity and seen as unique, special, precious beings.  It is very hard for me to express well the depth of the meaning of the word “chosen” has for me, but I hope you are willing to listen to me from within.  From all eternity, long before you were born and became a part of history, you existed in God’s heart.  Long before your parents admired you or your friends acknowledged your gifts or your teachers, colleagues and employers encouraged you, you were already “chosen.”  The eyes of love had seen you as precious, as of infinite beauty, as of eternal value.  When love chooses, it chooses with a perfect sensitivity for the unique beauty of the chosen one. (Life of the Beloved by Henri J. M. Nouwen)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O God, I belong to you.  I am your beloved child.  Help me to live my life out of that truth today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment