Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

prayer and being

Opening Prayer: O Lord, let me be like a tree, planted by streams of water.  Let me send my roots deeply down into you, so that I may bear fruit and my leaves may remain green, even in a time of drought.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 1:1-6

Journal: What would it look like to live your life like a tree planted by streams of water?  How do we get there?

Reflection: Psalms 1 and 2 are a pair, working together to put our feet on the path that goes from the nonpraying world in which we are constantly distracted and intimidated, into the praying world where we come to attention and practice adoration.  For prayer is not only a matter of saying the right sort of words to the right kind of God.  Our being is involved, the way we are. (Answering God by Eugene Peterson)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, help me not to walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of mockers.  Help me, instead, to delight in your word and meditate on your law, that I might live my life rooted in you rather than blown about by the winds of circumstance.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment