Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

empowered

Opening Prayer: Sing to God, O kingdoms of earth, sing praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, who thunders with mighty voice.  Proclaim the power of God, whose majesty is over Israel, whose power is in the skies.  You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.  Praise be to God! (Psalm 68:32-35)

Scripture: Psalm 68:32-35

Journal:  Do you live with a sense of empowerment in your life?  Why, or why not?  How does it show itself?

Reflection:  How do I miss it?  It is there, it is available, but somehow I rarely seem to experience it.  Is it just me?
     I tend to live my life with a constant sense that I am at the mercy of my circumstances.  At times I live in reaction to them, and at others I live in spite of them. But there is more.  There is something that I am missing.  Something that I am rarely in touch with--God's power.  But here it is, right in Psalm 68: "The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people." (v. 35) God wants me to live my life empowered by him.  The same power by which he rides the ancient skies above and the same power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead is available to me.  That's a lot of power.
     Why then, do I not experience it more often?  Could it be that in order to live an empowered life, you must be aware of, and in touch with, the Source of that power on a regular basis?  Or could it be that somewhere deep inside, I don't really believe that his power is available to someone like me?  Who knows?   I do know that it is something I am going to reflect upon in the days ahead.  It is something I am going to ask God about.  It is something I am going to pray for.  I am tired of getting my ass kicked by my fears, anxieties, and insecurities.  It is time that I take a stand and use the power that is available to me--resurrection power--to live the victorious (and I do not use that word often) life that God wants to live in and through me.  What that looks like, I have no idea.  But I am excited about the possibilities.  Praise be to God!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O great and awesome God, you give power and strength to your people.  May we live empowered, victorious lives in you this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment