Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

devoted to prayer

Opening Prayer: O God, teach me to pray and then help me pray. Amen.

Scripture: Colossians 4:2-6

Journal: How will you devote yourself to prayer today?

Reflection: We prepare to pray not by composing our prayers but ourselves; forming the inner life so that it is adequate to the reception of truth, not just the acquisition of facts.  But when we engage in the act of prayer itself, there is no preparing, no getting the right words, no posture to take, no mood to assume.  We simply do it.  Prayer is primal speech.  We do not first learn how to do it, and then proceed to do it; we do it, in the doing we find out what we are doing, and then deepen and mature in it. (Answering God by Eugene Peterson)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O God, help me to know that the only way I will ever learn to pray well is by praying much.  Give me the grace and the strength and the desire to pray much.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment