Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, February 23, 2017

stewards of grace

Opening Prayer: Lord God, thank you that you have made us stewards of your divine mysteries.  May we always take that responsibility seriously.  That the world might know the abundance of your grace.  Through Christ.  Amen.

Scripture: Ephesians 3:1-6

Journal: How have you been a steward of God’s grace recently?

Reflection:

     the life of ministry

the stewardship of God's grace
that was given to me for you.
~Ephesians 3:2

grace must be revealed
and then received
before it can be
passed along

i wonder why
that is so hard for us
this receiving

it cannot be achieved
but only given
and for some reason
that drives us crazy

but we cannot give
what we never been given
and receiving is an integral part
of the process of being
good stewards of god's
inexhaustible grace

therefore
o god
we beg you
make us good stewards
of the divine riches
of your grace
today and every day

help us to
fully receive it
for ourselves
that we may
freely offer it
to others

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, my God, You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others’. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace. Grant it according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the task You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and help me work hard at my appointed tasks. Teach me to bear patiently all the trials of suffering or failure that may come to me today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment