Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, February 27, 2017

fret

Opening Prayer: Lord, help me to not get so caught up in fretting and worrying today that it keeps me from delighting in you.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 37:1-8

Journal: Where in your life are you fretting?  What effect is it having on you?  How can you turn from fret to delight and trust?

Reflection:

spinning

it is so easy for me to get lost inside myself at times
to get stuck in a slow spiral of darkness and death
unable to break free
consumed
trapped in a maze ever deepening
a decaying orbit destined to crash in a dark land
void of light and life
stuck or marooned or stranded
seemingly unable to break free
from the gravitational pull

is it a choice that keeps me in this place
is it as simple as saying no
as interrupting the death spiral
and turning back to a more beautiful way
of being and of seeing
is it simply a choice to return home
to my best and truest self
the one you whispered into being
to turn the ear of my soul
back toward your lips
to hear a more reliable voice
the voice of truth and love and delight
the only voice it seems
that can stop the spinning

only you o god can break the tether
only you can stop this spinning
and restore hope and joy and peace
to my desperate soul


Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord, help me not to get so busy and preoccupied spinning around in my own little world today that I forget to pay attention to you and fail to love others.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment