Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

distracted

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am so distracted by so many things that I often miss the one thing.  Help me to not let distractions get the best of me.  By your grace and power, help me to not get carried away by everything that is vying for my attention and affection, but instead help me to give all of my attention and affection to you.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 10:40-42

Journal: Where are you distracted in life right now?  What affect is this distractedness having on you?  How will you eliminate the distractions and refocus on Jesus?

Reflection: The great danger of the turmoil of the times in which we live is losing our souls.  Losing our souls means losing touch with our center, our true call in life, our mission, our spiritual task.  Losing our souls means becoming so distracted by and preoccupied with all that is happening around us that we end up fragmented, confused, and erratic.  Jesus is very aware of this danger.  It is important that we be faithful disciples of Jesus, never losing touch with our true spiritual selves. (Bread for the Journey by Henri J. M. Nouwen)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me, this day, to sit at your feet and listen to what you say, regardless of what my circumstances may be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment