Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, December 20, 2014

yes, saturday

Saturday, December 20

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
          
Opening Prayer: Yes, Father!  Yes!  And always Yes!
                                                                        ~Francis de Sales

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Corinthians 1:12-22

Reading for Reflection:
 
     Saying yes to Love works, but not in the way we might expect.  It is the working of love, not of efficiency.  It involves intention but not success or failure.  It invites dedicated practice, but not achievement or competence.  It is a conscious choice toward openness instead of control.  Saying yes to Love is not a method for breaking the chains of addiction or solving our problems, but a response to the essential goodness of Love itself.  It comes not from our desire to get away from something bad, but from our desire to welcome Something Wonderful.  It is opening our hearts to a Gift already given.  (The Awakened Heart by Gerald G. May)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
    
                       
Closing Prayer: Lord of all, you are a God of plenty, a Lord who provides for us in our need.  As I begin these early days of Advent help me to believe that you know what I need.  Give me the courage to listen to your voice and the freedom to open my heart to the graces you are offering me to place my trust in you. (Creighton University Online Ministries)

No comments:

Post a Comment