Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

intimacy. day 4

Come to Stillness:
Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
O God, who existed before all things, draw near to my heart today as I draw near to yours. Grant that as we are together during this time—as well as this day—I will know of your presence to the very core of my being. Let me experience the intimacy with you that I was created for. In the name of Jesus, the Word made flesh. Amen. (JLB)

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 131

Scripture for the Day: Revelation 21:1-7

Reading for Reflection:


The spiritual guidance Brother Lawrence (Practicing the Presence of God) offers is simple: the love of God is everything, a love that surrounds and enfolds us. Out of this love should proceed a rhythm of continual internal awareness of God. Our constant conversation with God helps us to remember that he is our partner in everything we do. Br. Lawrence used to say to the Lord, “So that my work will be better, Lord, work with me; receive my work and possess all my affections.”
      Just as two people who love each other find their days filled with thoughts of each other, so in this practice we raise our minds to remember the One who loves us most. We establish a loving, familiar union with God, who holds us in the palm of his gentle hand. The practice of the presence of God becomes a habitual state of the soul, an openness to the Divine One who surrounds us in our busy lives. (Beginning Contemplative Prayer by Kathryn J. Hermes)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: Draw Me Close to You

Draw me close to You never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire no one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way bring me back to You


You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near



Closing Prayer
Lord you are my Lover, it is you whom I desire. You flow through my body like a stream, you shine on my face like the sun. Let me be your reflection.
                                                                                              ~St. Mechthildis

No comments:

Post a Comment