Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

intimacy, day 3

Come to Stillness:
Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
O God, who existed before all things, draw near to my heart today as I draw near to yours. Grant that as we are together during this time—as well as this day—I will know of your presence to the very core of my being. Let me experience the intimacy with you that I was created for. In the name of Jesus, the Word made flesh. Amen. (JLB)

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 131

Scripture for the Day: Psalm 139

Reading for Reflection:

God dwells within you.  You are yourself the tabernacle, his secret hiding place.  Rejoice, exult, for all you could possibly desire, all your heart’s longing is so close, so intimate as to be within you; you cannot be without him.
                                                                                  ~John of the Cross



smile   by Jim Branch

a sweet sweet song
filled with love and affection
sung with a tender caress
my song to you
the love of my heart
whispered softly in your ear
to bring a smile to your lips

but then a change
a turn of the tables
you spin it around
and let me know the song is yours
sung constantly over me
 
you pull me close
take me to yourself
            sing tenderly in my ear
the song of songs
            now the smile belongs to me

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: Draw Me Close to You

Draw me close to You never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire no one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way bring me back to You


You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near




Closing Prayer
Lord you are my Lover, it is you whom I desire. You flow through my body like a stream, you shine on my face like the sun. Let me be your reflection.
                                                                                                   ~St. Mechthildis

No comments:

Post a Comment