Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, January 23, 2023

surely

Opening Prayer: O God, forgive me when I get so focused on, and consumed with, myself that I fail to notice you.  Give me eyes to see you, ears to hear you, and a heart to respond to you, today and every day.  Amen. 

Scripture: Genesis 28:10-17

Journal: What generally keeps you from being able to notice what God is up to?  What helps?  How can you better train your soul to pay attention to him?

Reflection: “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.” (Genesis 28:16) 

How often have I had eyes but failed to see and ears but failed to hear?  How often has God come to me with a dream, or a vision, or a word, and I was too preoccupied to notice?  How often has he tried to give me a gift, but I was too busy to receive it?  How often has he tried to show me something glorious and I was too consumed to pay attention? 

Surely, O Lord, you were in this place, and I did not know it.  Please forgive me. 

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, teach me to pay attention.  I don’t want to miss a thing that you are doing within and around me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment