Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, January 29, 2023

first love

Opening Prayer: Sing your song of love deeply and tenderly into my heart and soul this day, O Lord.  Draw me into your divine embrace and seize me with the power of your great affection.  Let my life always be an overflow of your divine love.  Amen.

Scripture: Revelation 2:2-4

Journal: Who or what is your first love?  What does your life say is your first love?  What would it look like to make Jesus your first love? 

Reflection: “I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance.  You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.  Yet I hold this against you: You have left your first love.” (Rev. 2:2-4)

“You have substituted busyness for intimacy.  You have confused being busy for me, with being in love with me, and that makes me really sad.”

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, may you always be my first love; may you always be my first and truest affection.  Open my ears to hear your word, and open my eyes to see your face.  Give me a life that is in perfect union with your divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment