Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, August 8, 2020

will i wait?

Opening Prayer: Help me, O Lord, to resist the urge to do, when you have actually called me to be.  Help me to resist mindless activity, so that I might finally begin to understand what it means to wait and to trust.  Help me to find my hope in you today, not in myself.  Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 33:20-22

Journal: What are the scriptures saying to you today?  What do they stir up within you?  If you had to write something that was the opposite of Psalm 33:20-22, what would it say?  How does that help you to better understand the passage and to better integrate it into your life?

Reflection: We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.  In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.  May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.” (Psalm 33:20-22)

Or…

I rush in desperation, trying to get everything done, because life is only what you make of it.  The Lord only helps those who help themselves, so I must stay busy and keep at it; my life and my success depends on it.  One day, if I work hard enough and perform well enough, everyone will think I’m awesome.  And that’s the goal, right?

Which one will I live by today?

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, will I wait for you today, or will I rush ahead?  Will I be still and know that you are God, or will I dissolve into a flurry of mindless activity?  Will I trust in you this day, or will I trust in myself?  Will I rest in your unfailing love, or will I desperately try to make myself worth loving?  The choice is mine today.  Help me to choose you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment