Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, August 17, 2020

through

Opening Prayer: “Your path led through the sea, O Lord, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.” (Psalm 77:19)  Help me to resist the temptation to go around, because when I am willing to go through the sea, or through the mighty waters, when I am willing to trust myself completely to your love and care, then you can do amazing things in and through me.  O Lord, help me to trust in you.  Amen. 

Scripture: Psalm 77:13-20

Journal: How are you being tempted to try and go around the sea these days, rather than through it?  Where do you think God wants you to go?  Will you?

Reflection:

     through

   psalm 77:19

if i’m honest
i must admit
that there are times
i would rather just
go around

it’s easier

but your path is 
rarely the easy one
your path always seems
to lead through the sea
through the mighty waters

through must be 
better than around
because through is
the place of dependence
the place of surrender
the place of trust

so may i never miss
the beauty and goodness 
of the way through
by constantly trying
to find a way
around

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, give me the grace and the strength and the courage to go through the sea, and through the mighty waters, even when I cannot see your footprints.  Help me to live a life of unflinching trust in your unfailing love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment