Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, October 28, 2019

it's not about me

Opening Prayer:  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  It’s not about me.  Amen.

Scripture: Ezekiel 36:22-32

Journal: How do you try to make your own name great throughout the course of a day or week?  What would it look like to make God’s name great instead?  What does it look like to make life about God instead of about yourself?  How will you do that today?

Reflection: It is so easy in this life to get caught up in making a name for ourselves.  I, fact, if we are not careful, we can easily fall into the trap of believing that the life we live here on earth is more about us than it is about God.  Nothing, however, could be further from the truth.  It is not, ultimately, for our sakes—or our name—that God does any of these amazing things within and among us, but for the sake of his name.  To show who he is.  His works are meant to testify to his character and his power and his love.  We are just the fortunate recipients of his grace, the adoring objects of his love, the unworthy vessels of his power.  When we are being all that he created us to be, we are showing all of creation who he really is and what he is like.  In other words, we are making his name great.  Thus, the way we make his name great is to be all he made us to be.  But it is for his glory and his name, not our own.  It is easy to forget that. 

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Remind me, O Lord, that this life is about making your name great, not my own.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment