Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, October 14, 2019

find rest

Opening Prayer: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 62:5-6, NIV)

Scriptures: Psalm 62:5-8

Journal:  What do you typically try to find rest in?  How well is that working for you?

Reflection: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone.  He alone is the only source of true rest.  Do not try to find it in your own ability to manage, control, or manipulate.  You will never find it in performance or achievement or affirmation; not in what others think or say about you.  True rest is much bigger than what pleasant circumstances or convenience or ease have to offer.  It cannot be gained through hiding or placating or just trying to get along.  It cannot be arrived at through avoidance or denial or escape.  It cannot be obtained through indulgence or pleasure or gratification.  None of these things offer the rest your soul most deeply longs for—that comes from God alone.  So find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  You alone offer rest for my soul, O God.  May I always find my rest in you.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment