Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

eat this scroll

Opening Prayer: Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules.  I will keep your law continually, forever and ever, and I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts. I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame, for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love. I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes. (Psalm 119:41-48)

Scripture: Ezekiel 2:9-3:11

Journal: What word has God given you lately?  What scroll has he given you to eat and digest and then share with those in your world.  What is your life message?  How are you sharing it?

Reflection:

you must first eat the scroll
you must taste its sweetness
you must be filled with its life
before you can have anything
of real value
to offer the world

you must receive his words
before you can ever truly
speak his words

you must live his message
before you can ever really
give his message

it makes me wonder
why i get it so backwards
all too often

Prayer

Closing Prayer: How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:103-104)

No comments:

Post a Comment