Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, January 22, 2017

abounding love

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to love like you love today.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

Journal: How is your love level these days?  How might the process of your love increasing and abounding to others take place?  How are you feeling about holiness these days?  How is your heart being established blameless in holiness before God?  What difference will these verses make in your life and your love today?

Reflection: Lord God, make your unfailing love increase and abound within me, that it might find its way out to all of those in this broken and hurting world who are in need of help, or hope, or healing, or affection this day.  You did not give me that love just so I could keep it and cherish it myself, but also so that I might give it away to others.  Give me the strength and the courage to do just that today.  Help me not to get so wrapped up in my own plans and needs and agendas that I miss those for whom you have sent to me to care.
     O God, would you also establish my heart blameless in holiness by the power of your Spirit within me; that I would be who and what you created me to be, and not some broken and distorted version of my best, God-breathed self.  Rid me of all that is not of you.  Purge me of pride and arrogance and selfish ambition.  Break me of all of my dysfunctional and broken patterns of being and relating that are not in line with your greatest hopes and deepest desires for my life.
     Thank you that I was created out of the life and love and intimacy of the Trinity, in order to be a partaker and a participant in that life of affection and delight.  And to offer that love and care to all who come across my path, this day and every day.  Amen.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: May God our Father himself and our Master Jesus clear the road to you! And may the Master pour on the love so it fills your lives and splashes over on everyone around you, just as it does from us to you. May you be infused with strength and purity, filled with confidence in the presence of God our Father when our Master Jesus arrives with all his followers. (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment