Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

search

Opening Prayer: Teach me to seek you, for I cannot seek you unless you teach me, or find you unless you show yourself to me.  Let me seek you in my desire, and desire you in my seeking.  Let me find you by loving you, let me love you when I find you. ~St. Anselm

Scripture: Matthew 13:44

Journal: What hidden treasure have you found lately?  How hard have you been looking?  Where?  What does it look like to search for the hidden treasure of God’s kingdom in our lives and hearts?

Reflection: It would have to be hidden wouldn’t it?  After all, it would be far too easy if it were just laying out in plain sight.  Then where would the searching be?  And there is something very good and beautiful that happens in the searching.
     There is treasure this very day that is waiting to be found.  And when found, it will capture our hearts and souls.  The only question is: Will I search for it?  Or will I get swept up into the busyness and chaos of the day and lose track of the fact that there is treasure buried in the field?
     And the field, and thus the treasure, is not as far off as we would imagine.  In fact, it is right under our noses.  For one of the main places the treasure is hidden is within the field of our own hearts and souls.  All we have to do is look within, to the place where the Spirit of God resides, and we will find it.  But the question is, will we?

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are indeed the treasure hidden in a field.  Help me to seek and search and dig and hunt until I finally find you today.  And when I do, capture my heart and soul completely with your beauty and majesty in a way that totally reorders my affections and priorities, as well as my entire life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment