Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, December 12, 2015

waiting, saturday

Saturday, December 12

Opening Prayer: My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.  For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.  And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.  Amen. (Luke 1:46-50, ESV)

Scripture: Luke 1:26-56

Journal: What makes Mary’s waiting different from everyone else’s in the Christmas narrative?  What does she have to teach us about waiting on the Lord?  How does her response to God speak to you today?

Reflection:
 
The birth of Christ in our souls is for a purpose beyond ourselves:  it is because his manifestation in the world must be through us.  Every Christian is, as it were, part of the dust-laden air which shall radiate the glowing epiphany of God, catch and reflect his golden Light.  Ye are the light of the world- but only because you are enkindled, made radiant by the one Light of the world. ~Evelyn Underhill

                                           

The purpose of Advent is to make us pregnant with hope. ~The Work of the People

Prayer

Closing Prayer: I’m bursting with God-news; I’m dancing the song of my Savior God.
God took one good look at me, and look what happened—I’m the most fortunate woman on earth!  What God has done for me will never be forgotten, the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others.  His mercy flows in wave after wave on those who are in awe before him. (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment