Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

aware, tuesday

Tuesday, December 1

Opening Prayer: Continue to have mercy upon me, O Lord, to stir me from the doldrums of sin, to deliver me from my selfish involvements, to forgive me my sins and failures, to shore up the weak places in my life.  Help me to feel something of Your loving acceptance and to reflect to others the joy of being Your son and servant.  Amen. (Psalms/Now by Leslie Brandt)

Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:1-20

Journal: How will you make yourself aware of the voice of God in your heart and life during this season of Advent?  How will you make space to listen?  Who will be your Eli?

Reflection:
 
Take all your present perplexities then to Jesus.  Tell Him you only want to know and obey his voice, and ask Him to make it plain to you.  Promise Him that you will obey, whatever it may be.  Believe implicitly that He is guiding you, according to His word.  Surrender all the doubtful things until you have a clearer light.  Look and listen for His dear voice continually, and the moment you are sure of it yield an immediate obedience.  (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment