Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, December 3, 2015

aware, thursday

Thursday, December 3

Opening Prayer: O Lord, our God, when the seas are rough and the winds are strong and we wonder how much longer we can hold on, help us to be aware of your presence and your peace, and to focus on you rather than on the storms.  In the name of your Son, Jesus, we pray.  Amen.

Scripture: Mark 4:35-41

Journal: Are you more aware of the storms in your life these days, or of the God who is with you in the midst of them?  What keeps you from being aware of God?  What is helping you be aware of God?

Reflection:
 
     In these days of intense distraction, I find it difficult to give my attention to any one thing.  Multitasking, doing several things at once, without paying attention to any one thing, seems to be the norm.  However, when I am unable or unwilling to stop and give my attention to a single task, all the tasks suffer.  A phone conversation with a friend is diminished when I am also checking my email.  A work task is done halfway when I attempt several chores at the same time.  And my connection with God suffers if I’m meditating as I rush out the door on my way to work.  What I value deserves my full attention.
     God’s love nourishes our attentiveness.  When we are surrounded by distractions, fear, or grief, God’s love pierces our fogs and brings us closer to peace. (The Uncluttered Heart by Beth A. Richardson)

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  O Lord, our God, you alone are able to give us peace in the midst of our chaos.  Give that peace this day.  Say to our restless hearts, “Hush.  Be Still.”  That we may know your heart and trust your hand.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment