Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

treasure, tuesday

Tuesday, July 21

Opening Prayer: Late have I loved you, O Beauty, so ancient and so new, late have I loved you!  And behold, you were within me and I was outside, and there I sought for you, and in my deformity I rushed headlong into the well-formed things that you have made.  You were with me, and I was not with you. ~St. Augustine

Scripture: Matthew 13:52

Journal: What is God doing within you these days?  What is in your storehouse right now?  What treasures has God placed there in order for you to pass them along to others?

Reflection:
 
     A significant part of this life of faith, it seems, is being good stewards of those things God is doing (and has done) within us.   Matthew, in fact, refers to them as treasures, new and old, stored up in the storehouse (of our souls).  They are not the result of our own wisdom or insight or giftedness or favor, but things God, for some unknown reason, has chosen in his kindness to give to us.  They are his gracious gifts that are intended to do something beautiful deep within us, but also to be brought out of the storehouse at the appropriate time and shared with whoever God brings across our paths.  Therefore, we should always be aware of, and paying careful attention to, the things God is doing within us, because they are the very things he desires to use to show others the beauty of his Kingdom.

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O God, Lord of all, you place your treasures within us and call us to be good stewards of their infinite beauty.  Give us the grace and the wisdom to know how to care for this treasure, and where, when, and how to pass it along.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment