Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

chosen, wednesday

Wednesday, July 29

Opening Prayer: Lord God, thank you that you chose us in order that we might bear fruit, fruit that would last.  Help us to ever and always remain in you so that that might indeed be the case.  Amen.

Scripture: John 15:9-17

Journal: How well are you abiding in his love these days?  What kind of fruit is that producing in you?  What does the knowledge that we were chosen in order to bear fruit do within you?

Reflection: I have always enjoyed the part of the prayer that suggests to us that we are taken by God, that we are chosen.  “You did not choose me, I chose you,” we are told Jesus said to His friends once, and I claim it for myself as often as I feel I can get away with it.  I remind myself of the hope of it when the darkness comes, and celebrate the astonishment of it when the Light is all around me. (Living Prayer by Robert Benson)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Thank you, O God, that were chosen for much bigger reasons than we will ever fully understand.  We were chosen in order to be a part of a much bigger story; the story of others coming to discover their own wonderfully mysterious chosenness.  Thanks for making us a part of this eternal work.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment