Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

willing, wednesday

Wednesday, March 11

Opening Prayer: O Lord, you who searches our hearts and knows our every thought, give us, by your Spirit, a wholehearted devotion and a willingness of mind, that we might truly seek you, and, thus, be found by you.  It is the deepest longing of our soul.  In the name and power of Jesus we pray.  Amen.

Scripture: 1 Chronicles 28:8-10

Journal: What words in this passage capture your attention?  Why?  What does it look like to serve God with a whole heart and willing mind?  What is the current state of your heart?  What is the current state of your mind?  What would it look like to seek him this day?

Reflection:
 
When religion has said its last word, there is little that we need other than God Himself.  The evil habit of seeking God-and effectively prevents us from finding God in full revelation.  In the and lies our great woe.  If we omit the and we shall soon find God, and in Him we shall find that for which we have all our lives been secretly longing. (The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Lord, I am yours; I do yield myself up entirely to you, and I believe that you do take me.  I leave myself with you.  Work in me all the good pleasure of your will, and I will only lie still in your hands and trust you.  Amen. (The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment