Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, January 22, 2015

grasping, thursday

Thursday, January 22

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
          
Opening Prayer: Lord God, give me open hands and not clenched fists as I walk with you and for you in the midst of this day— that I might be able to live with a true sense of freedom from the need to grasp desperately for love and value from those I come into contact with.  For Jesus’ sake.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: Romans 7:14-25

Reading for Reflection:
 
     It is a long spiritual journey of trust, for behind each fist, another one is hiding, and sometimes the process seems endless.  Much has happened in your life to make all those fists, and at any hour of the day or night you might find yourself clenching your fists again out of fear. (With Open Hands by Henri J. M. Nouwen)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
    
                      
Closing Prayer: To you, Lord, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me.  For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit.  Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.  Amen.  (Psalm 28:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment