Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, January 18, 2015

grasping, sunday

Sunday, January 18

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
           
Opening Prayer: Lord God, give me open hands and not clenched fists as I walk with you and for you in the midst of this day— that I might be able to live with a true sense of freedom from the need to grasp desperately for love and value from those I come into contact with.  For Jesus’ sake.  Amen.

Scripture Reading for the Day: Mark 5:24-34

Reading for Reflection:
 
     When at last I cling to you with all my being, for me there will be no more sorrow, no more toil.  Then at last I shall be alive with true life, for my life will be wholly filled by you. (Confessions by St Augustine)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
    
                      
Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me when my bleeding and wounded heart causes me to grasp for life and relief from any and every source available.  Instead, help me to reach only for you, that I might touch the fringe of your robe and find healing and wholeness for the brokenness of my heart and soul.  In Your Name I pray.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment