Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, November 22, 2014

grace, saturday

Saturday, November 22

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
                                                                                  
Opening Prayer: I am sure that there is in me nothing that could attract the love of One as holy and as just as You are.  Yet You have declared Your unchanging love for me in Christ Jesus.  If nothing in me can win your love, nothing in the universe can prevent You from loving me.  Your love is uncaused and undeserved.  You are Yourself the reason for the love wherewith I am loved. (Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 32:1-11

Reading for Reflection:
 
The greatest saints are not those who need less grace, but those who consume the most grace, who indeed are most in need of grace—those who are saturated by grace in every dimension of their being.  Grace to them is like breath. (Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
     
                                                                                              
Closing Prayer: Grant me, O Lord, to know what I ought to know, to love what I ought to love, to praise what delights you most, to value what is precious in your sight, to hate what is offensive to you.  Amen.
                                                                      ~Thomas a Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment