Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

faith, tuesday

Tuesday, November 4

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
         
Opening Prayer: O Lord, help me to really believe.  Help me to really believe that your heart for me is good.  Help me to really believe that nothing can separate me from your love.  Help me to really believe that you will do what you say you will do.  Help me to take you at your word.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.
          
Scripture Reading for the Day: Hebrews 11:7-28

Reading for Reflection:
 
There are two peculiar characteristics of pure faith.  It sees God behind all the blessings and imperfect works which tend to conceal Him, and it holds the soul in a state of continued suspense.  Faith seems to keep us constantly up in the air, never quite certain of what is going to happen in the future; never quite able to touch a foot on solid ground.  But faith is willing to let God act with the most perfect freedom, knowing that we belong to Him and are to be concerned only about being faithful in that which he has given us to do for the moment. (Let Go by Francois Fenelon)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                 
Closing Prayer: Father, I thank you for this day, for what it shall bring, opportunities, life, hope, strength.  And for what it may take away.  Teach me to trust you in the comings and the goings of life.  In the name of your Son, Jesus, I pray.  Amen. (Disciplines for the Inner Life by Bob Benson and Michael W. Benson)

No comments:

Post a Comment