Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 2, 2014

holiness, thursday

Thursday, October 2

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Gracious and loving God, you know the deep inner patterns of my life that keep me from being totally yours.  You know the misformed structures of my being that hold me in bondage to something less than your high purpose for my life.  You also know my reluctance to let you have your way with me in these areas.  Hear the deeper cry of my heart for wholeness and by your grace enable me to open to your transforming presence in this time.  Lord, have mercy. (Invitation to a Journey by Robert Mulholland Jr.)

Scripture Reading for the Day: Hebrews 12:14

Reading for Reflection:
 
For the Christian, therefore, holiness is the fruit of our association with Jesus.  It seems to set us apart, not in the sense of being other-worldly, but rather in the sense of being grasped by the Kingdom vision that formed the center of Jesus’ life and message.  The call to holiness is a call to live in this world, but not of it—meaning that as we open ourselves to the relationship Jesus offers, we are more and more able to live from a perspective and a vision that transcends what we normally experience. (Invitation to Holiness by James Fenhagen)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                  
Closing Prayer:
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.  Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.  Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love only what is holy.  Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.  Guard me so, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.  Amen. (Catholic Online)

No comments:

Post a Comment