Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, October 16, 2014

fear, thursday

Thursday, October 16

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
          
Opening Prayer: O Lord our God, help us to live our lives with the faith and courage necessary to live by love and not by fear.  Forgive me when my seeing and my thinking get so distorted that I allow fear to control me and make me its slave—even when I don’t fully realize it.  Seize my heart and soul with your perfect love in such a way that it drives out all fear and gives me the freedom to truly love, rather than manipulate, those in my life and world.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen.
          
Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Timothy 1:6-14

Reading for Reflection:    

     “The light’s going uncommon quick,” said Rynelf.
     “Back to the ship,” muttered the men.
     “I really think,” said Edmund, “they’re right.  We can decide what to do with the three sleepers tomorrow.  We daren’t eat the food and there’s no point in staying here for the night.  The whole place smells of magic—and danger.”
     “I am entirely of King Edmund’s opinion,” said Reepicheep, “as far as concerns the ship’s company in general.  But I myself will sit at this table till sunrise.”
     “Why on earth?” said Eustace.
     “Because,” said the Mouse, “this is a very great adventure, and no danger seems to me so great as that of knowing when I get back to Narnia that I left a mystery behind me through fear.” (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
                                  
Closing Prayer: Lord God, our Heavenly Father, thank you that you did not give us a spirit of fear, but a Spirit of power, love and self-control.  Help me to see the places in my life that I am allowing fear to rule me and keep me from being all that you long for me to be and from doing all that you desire for me to do.  Give me the courage to follow you fully and completely every day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment