Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, July 31, 2014

ordinary, thursday

Thursday, July 31

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Our Father, help us to see you today in all that we come into contact with, knowing that you use ordinary things to give us an extraordinary sense of your presence in our lives.  In the name of Jesus.  Amen. 

Scripture Reading for the Day: 2 Corinthians 4:7-18

Reading for Reflection:

i thank you God for most this amazing
day:  for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and the blue true dream of a sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes…

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

                            ~e. e. cummings

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
            
Closing Prayer: To the only one who sees the world as it is.  I ask for clarity; and if not clarity, purity, and if not purity, forgiveness—not because I am so blind, but because I’m so unwilling to open my eyes.
     Where I’ve strayed, draw me in, where I’ve stumbled, lift me up, and where I’ve lifted myself up, knock me down until I see your world and your love with clear, unclouded eyes.  Amen. (A Heart Exposed by Steven James)

No comments:

Post a Comment