Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, April 21, 2018

low

Opening Prayer: 
From the heights we leap and go
To the valleys down below
Always answering to the call
To the lowest place of all
From the heights we leap and go
To the valleys down below
Sweetest urge and sweetest will
To go lower, lower still
(Hinds’ Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard)

Scripture: Matthew 18:1-4

Journal: What does it look like to humble yourself today?  How will you choose that path over exalting yourself?

Reflection: “Don’t strive to be a spiritual giant, strive to be like a little child.  Live humbly—small, innocent, lowly.  Strive to be of no reputation.  In my kingdom the way to make yourself great is to make yourself nothing.
     “So let go!  Let go of trying to look wise, or be great.  Let go of having to be right and have your opinions valued.  Let go of trying to be somebody.  Instead, seek to become nobody.  Humble yourself; do not exalt yourself.  For then you will finally be useful in the Kingdom of God.
     "And don’t worry if you get this all backwards a time or two, my disciples did the same thing.  So you are in good company.” ~Jesus

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O Lord, when I try to look wise.  Forgive me when being right becomes more important than being loving.  Forgive me when I try to be somebody, rather than trying to be nobody.  Forgive me when I get it all backwards and try to exalt myself, rather than humbling myself.  Make me more and more like your son, Jesus, each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment