Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, April 30, 2018

breath

Opening Prayer: O Loving God, who breathed me into being, breathe your Divine Breath in me again this day—that I might be filled with your life and guided by the winds of your Spirit.  For the sake of your Son.  Amen. (The Blue Book by Jim Branch)

Scripture: Genesis 2:4-7

Journal: How is the Spirit giving life and breath to your soul these days?

Reflection:

breath

the soul 
needs room
to breathe
and to be 
breathed into

the spirit
is willing
but the flesh 
is weak
said he
who came 
among us

the spirit
is always
ready to
breathe its life
when we are
finally willing
to make space
for that breath

the breath
that blows 
where it will
and makes alive
that which was 
lifeless

the breath
that breathed 
into the dust
of the ground
and brought us
into being 
will bring us 
into being again
and again
if we will just 
give it space

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.  Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.   Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.   Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.  Amen. ~St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment