Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, February 19, 2024

it's time

Opening Prayer: O God, what will you do to conquer the fearful hardness of our hearts?  Lord, you must give us new hearts, tender hearts, sensitive hearts, to replace hearts that are made of marble and of bronze.  You must give us your own Heart, Jesus.  Come, lovable Heart of Jesus.  Place your Heart deep in the center of our hearts and enkindle in each heart a flame of love as strong, as great, as the sum of all the reasons that I have for loving you.  O holy Heart of Jesus, dwell hidden in my heart, so that I may live only in you and only for you, so that, in the end, I may live with you eternally in heaven.  Amen. ~St. Claude La Colombière

Scripture: Mark 1:15-16

Journal: What does “It’s time” mean to you right now?  What is God calling you to?  What is your response?  What does repent and believe look like for you these days?

Reflection: “The time has come.  The kingdom of God is at hand.  Repent and believe the good news.” (Mark 1:15)

O God, I sense that you are calling me deeper and deeper into the heart of Jesus these days, to become more and more like him.  I’m not exactly sure what I’ve been waiting for, but it’s time!  It’s time to surrender to you in a whole new/deeper way.  It’s time to know your love and affection at levels I’ve only dreamt about.  It’s time to take another step toward you and away from me.  Give me the strength and the courage and the grace to do so.  Help me, O Lord, to not delay.  It’s time!

Pray

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O Lord, that my life is still mostly about me rather than about you.  It’s time to change that.  It’s time to truly repent and believe the good news.  Help me to take that step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment