Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, February 9, 2024

a severe companion

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, forgive me when I resist, or run away from, sharing in your sufferings.  If it was through your sufferings that you were “made perfect” (Heb. 2:10), why would I expect it to be any different for me?  Help me to be willing to do, or to go through, whatever it takes to become more like you.

Scripture: Philippians 3:10-11

Journal: What does it do within you to see pain and anguish as a severe companion, which God uses to make you more like himself?

Reflection: “I am still quite anxious; I still have real attacks of anguish and sleeping is still a real problem. But I am quite, quite aware that this pain is given to me to purify my heart, to deepen my love for Jesus and to give Him every inch of my being. Whereas in the past the anguish seemed quite disruptive and often paralyzing, now I experience it a little more as a severe companion who wants to show me the narrow road. Once I have found that road and walk safely on it, the anguish might leave me, but right now I am trying simply to accept what the Lord gives me and trust that He knows when, how and where to give me new peace and new joy.” ―Love, Henri by Henri Nouwen

Pray

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for the severe companion of suffering and anguish; they form and mold me like nothing else can.  Give me the strength and the courage and the grace to be willing to do, or to endure, whatever it takes in order to become more like you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment