Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

sharing in his sufferings

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you that you did not avoid suffering, but willingly entered into it on my behalf.  Thank you that because of that, you are now able to enter into my suffering with me.  Help me, Lord Jesus, to know what it means to enter into your suffering with you.

Scripture: Philippians 3:10

Journal: How do you typically handle suffering?  What is your knee-jerk reaction?  What would it do in you if you began to see your suffering as a means of deeper union with Jesus?

Reflection:

     stigmata


could it be
that the deepest
union with Christ

comes not through ecstasy
but through suffering

him knowing my pain
and me knowing his

Pray

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to see suffering, not as an annoyance and frustration, but as an invitation and opportunity—an invitation to know you, and your sufferings, more intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment