Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, June 27, 2021

his kiss

Opening Prayer: Kiss me with the kisses of your mouth, O Lord, for your love is more delightful than wine.

Scripture: Song of Songs 1:2-4

Journal: How would you describe your relationship with God these days?  How do you think he would want you to describe it?  How long has it been since you have experienced his kiss?  What keeps you from it?  How about experiencing it today?

Reflection: “It is not inertia alone that is responsible for relationships repeating themselves from case to case, indescribably monotonous and unrenewed: it is shyness before any sort of new, unforeseeable experience with which one does not think oneself able to cope. But only someone who is ready for everything, who excludes nothing, not even the most enigmatical will live the relation to another as something alive.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O Lord, when I settle for a life of duty, chore, and obligation, rather than experiencing the passion and the desire and the affection that you have for me.  Help me to never settle for less than your kiss, your caress, your Divine embrace.  Help me to never just give you “a peck on the cheek for want of making love.”  Sometimes it’s just easier, but it’s not what I really want.  I want more.  I want you!  Kiss me with the kisses of your mouth—for your love is more delightful than anything.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment