Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, March 20, 2021

descend, detach, depend

Opening Prayer: My heart is not lifted up, O Lord, my eyes are not raised too high.  I do not concern myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my souls within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, both now and forevermore. (Psalm 131:1-3)

Scripture: Psalm 131:1-3

Journal:  How is God asking you to descend these days?  What is he wanting you to detach yourself from, so that you can be free?  How is he asking you to depend more and more on him?

Reflect:

          psalm 131


          descend
          detach
          depend

          it’s the
          Jesus way

Pray

Closing Prayer: O Lord, give me the courage to descend, so that you may be lifted up.  Give me the strength to detach from the things of this world, so that I may be attached to you alone.  And give me the grace to depend on you, rather than trying to depend on my own gifts and abilities.  Make me more and more like Jesus each and every day, that he may live his life in and through me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment